What is the difference between the requirements from 2019 and 2022 for property investors?
UAE Golden Visa requirement in 2019
- Public Investment of at least AED 10M for the 10-Year Residence Visa
- Must invest in an existing property with an amount of no less than AED 5M for the 5-Year Residence Visa
- Amount must not be loaned
- Can extend to spouse and children up to 18 years old
UAE Golden Visa requirement in September 2022
- Investment in a property with an amount of no less than AED 2M are now eligible for the 10-Year Residence Visa
- Amount can be loaned through specific local banks
- Investment in two or more off-plan properties of no less than AED 2M
- Can extend to spouse and children up to 25 years and no age
- Visa owners are not required to enter the country within 6 months
With the amount remarkably lower than before, foreign investors can gain a lot from this new system. They can choose to invest in a wider range of properties as off-plan properties are now also included. Holders of UAE Golden Visa are also entitled to 100% ownership of their business in UAE.
Foreign investors who have not yet been in the country or is currently residing in another country can also apply for the golden visa overseas and they are not restricted to visit the country every six months.
Is the UAE Golden Visa worth it? Whether if you’re a foreign investor who wants to invest in Dubai or someone who wants to move and make the city as your home, the Golden Visa is a bang for the buck.
And with the massive change, Dubai properties are now more enticing than before, and the UAE will become more accessible to investors. Truly, now is the best time to invest in Dubai.
Get in touch with us to check the projects and developments that are eligible for the Golden Visa.